William Guérin et Cie is present in the collections of the Musée d'Orsay
Signed L. Raby, stamp William Guérin
Circa 1890/1900 circa.
Open between 1872 and 1932 Limoges Haute-Vienne (87) 21
Porcelain factory founded in 1872 in Limoges, when Guillaume, dit William, Guérin-Lésé (Mas-de-L'Age 1838-1912) took over from Lebon & Cie, 54, Faubourg Montjovis. In 1877, he bought the Léopold Dubois factory, rue du Petit-Tour. In 1903, his two sons William and André were associated with him (William Guérin et Cie). In 1911, absorption of the Pouyat house, and formation of the Guérin et Cie company (Anciens Ets J. Pouyat, W. Guérin & Cie). In 1920, the company was dissolved and the shares sold to Bawo & Dotter Ltd. of Montreal (1921: Guérin Pouyat Elite Ltd). In 1932, the factory closed.
Diameter : 24.5
Category : Ceramics
Style : Art Nouveau
Period : 19th century
Price : 200 €